Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Introduction

So I have decided to create this blog as a place to share Olive's training and adventures with my family, friends and other corgi/dog training enthusiasts (without over-clogging their fb feeds with a billion pictures of Olive's latest adventure).
Olive is a 10 month old Pembroke Welsh Corgi and she has just started on a path to become a therapy dog.  My goal is to have her take her Canine Good Citizen's test around her birthday this September and her Therapy Dogs International test a year after that.  I would love for her to be involved in visiting Childrens' Hospitals, General Hospitals, Schools, as well as being involved in the Tail Waggin' Tutors, which is a program to help children gain confidence in reading by reading to therapy dogs.
I have really high hopes for Olive and I feel like keeping a place like this where I can share our current training techniques and hurdles I'll be better equipped to keep up with my long-term goals for her.
Hopefully this can become a place where I can share photos and videos of our many adventures (which are not only fun jaunts into the world for her, but also great training tools) and get feedback on what we are working on.











No comments:

Post a Comment